Aniversary Sale, basics, cashmere, closet staples, fall fashion, Nike, no-show socks, Nordstrom, running shoes, running shorts, sneakers, white tee shirts, workout gear
Have y’all checked out the this year’s Nordstrom Anniversary Sale yet? It’s my favorite sale of the year and we do a lot of our Fall shopping during this time. My picks this year are just no-fail closet staples: tees, workout wear, and classic cashmere. It’s always a win when you can find high-end basics at a reduced price!
Clockwise beginning from top left:
1. Nike ‘Venom Tempo’ Dri-FIT Shorts & ‘Tempo’ Track Shorts: Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to commit to a regular gym routine since my baby was born. BUT, what we do love are our regular evening walks around the new ‘hood just before her bedtime. These shorts will serve me well outdoors during our hot Texas summers. I went with a fun print (hello, hot pink leopard!) and a classic black.
2. Nike ‘Performance’ No-Show Socks (3-pack): Quality no-show socks are hard to come by! I’ve tried several cheaper brands and they usually slip off at the heel or the elastic wears out prematurely. My other Nike socks are the best I’ve got — slow to wear out and quite breathable. I don’t ever see them marked down, so this was a solid buy in my book.
3. Nike ‘Free Flyknit 5.0 TR’ Training Shoe: Because, new shoes. And if I’m going to be doing the utilitarian mom look in public, I might as well have fresh clean kicks. Grocery store runs deserve a dose of cute, too.
4. Halogen Relaxed Slub Knit U-Neck Tee: Another great Anniversary Sale staple! I nabbed this classic white tee because of the nice lightweight cotton fabric and the super-flattering fit. Trust me, the V-neck tees at Target aren’t cut as well or feel as soft — this one is on sale at a similar pricepoint so definitely check them out!
5. Halogen Zip Back Cashmere Sweater: A go-with-anything, dress-up or dress-down topper. With temps in the 100s later this week, I won’t be able to wear this Fall find for awhile, but the cashmere material stretches it between seasons. Love the longer length & all the prints & colors.
Cheri Cheatam said:
I gotta get some nike gear, thanks
Right?! Great prices on some good basics.